Salary: £6,900-£7,600 per annum (For 15 hours a week – depending on qualifications & experience) (£17,250- £19,000 pro rata Full time equivalent)
Hours of Work: Part-time – 15 hours a week
Our detached youth work project aligns with our overall youth engagement strategy and works by going to where young people are and cultivating a community in which they can thrive, build and impact their own communities
We are seeking 2 youth workers to reach out via street-based detached work to young people aged between 8 and 24 to promote their personal, educational and social development, and to engage them in a programme aimed to re-dress inequalities, improve their life chances, and empower them to take action on issues affecting their lives, including health, education, unemployment, and the environment, by developing positive skills and attitudes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include: (A full job description and person spec can be sent with application form but is also featured below)
- Undertake street-based detached youth work, observing all required welfare and safety procedures
- Deliver/support the delivery of on-site and off-site engagement and developmental activities (arts, music, community, environmental, as well as activities supporting engagement in training and employment)
- Befriend and support individual young people in various settings, assess their needs
PLEASE NOTE: OUR POLICY STATES APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE A FULL APPLICATION FORM TO BE CONSIDERED – THIS CAN BE EMAILED TO YOU UPON YOU EXPRESSING AN INTEREST IN THE ROLE VIA EMAILING [email protected] ALTERNATIVELY, YOU CAN VIEW AND DOWNLOAD THE FILES AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT
- Experience, qualifications and/or good understanding of street-based detached youth work
- Very strong young people’s skills
- Ability to work weekday late afternoon & evenings
- Strong commitment to young people and an understanding of the factors affecting their lives, the ability to effectively communicate
- Patience, tolerance, and flexibility,
- An accepting and non-authoritarian approach
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- Ability to respect, and work within the ethos of the organisation
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. This post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
To express an interest email [email protected] and a full application form will then be sent to you. Alternatively, click here the Detached youth work application form to download the application form. The closing date is 8 pm 14th February – please note we reserve the right to close the recruitment before this date in the event of a high number of suitable applicants.
ALL APPLICANTS PLEASE EMAIL YOUR COMPLETED FORM TO [email protected]
Interviews will most likely take place week beginning 17th February 2020.