Two things to shout about as i write this
- I have been awarded the Entrepreneurial spirit award by Great British Entrepreneur Awards.
- I am a finalist in the Entrepreneur for good category in the West Midlands final taking place in September
So yes all news is good news, that's not a saying but its true in this case. The Entrepreneurial Spirit award was a monthly award for someone who showed entrepreneurial spirit during the month of June. This came at a great time and a time where I was reflecting on all our workshops we have gone through the 2018 - 2019 academic year, it is always great for external acknowledgment and for an organization of such reputation to speak highly about that is not the end.
The sponsor for this award is Didsbury Gin, a company that featured on Dragons Den and since have done incredibly well, so as i won the award Disbury gin also set for some of there finest gin
The next phase
So after winning that monthly award before it even really set in, I was informed I was a finalist for the Entrepreneur for Good Award
And in there words not mine, finalists in this category are
This award will be given to an entrepreneur who:
- Is adopting a mission to create and sustain social value (not just private value).
- Recognising and pursuing new opportunities to serve that mission.
- Engaging in a process of continuous innovation, adaptation and learning.
- Acting boldly without being limited by current resources.
- Maintaining accountability to the constituencies served and for the outcomes created.
- The judges will consider actions on measuring the impact that they create.
I like it, I like it a lot and what is also great is the fact that social organisations and entrepreneurs are getting a place at the table at awards more frequently than before. This is due to the growth of the sector and the phenomenal ways organizations and individuals set out to change the enviroment, community and at times the world
I honestly will always be humbled and grateful to reach the finals and receive such accolades so thank you