new job opening – Temp contract
A Opportunity has came up and we will be hiring two youth mentors on a initial temporary period of 4 months ( contract ends 31st December )
To provide a mentoring service to young people aged 10-19 years old from marginalized backgrounds as part of a 12-week youth programme covering areas such as aspirations, personal development and citizenship to support young people to help with the transition back into education, promote positive and healthy choices and reduce risks associated with anti-social behavior and social isolation.
• To engage young referred to the scheme, arranging initial contact and subsequent sessions at a mutually agreed venue.
• To provide one to one mentoring to the young people referred to the service on a 1-1 session basis.
• To appropriately plan and organise outcomes-focused activities to engage young people during sessions, underpinned by methods of supporting young people to overcome individual social, educational and emotional barriers and create personal development plans for the future.
• To establish a positive and interactive relationship with each young person.
• To help each young person to develop or begin to develop life skills and to accomplish specific goals.
• To provide awareness of community, educational and economic resources available to young people and their families, and how to access these resources.
• To monitor the progress of each mentee and record a short report after each meeting.
• To develop links and relationships with schools/colleges, community groups, other youth organisations and potential employers for supporting young people’s progression.
• To gather monitoring and evaluation data from each young person/mentee
The duties of the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibilities entailed.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and presentation skills.
• Experience in the delivery of youth initiatives focusing on good relations, citizenship and personal development.
• Experience of working with the community & voluntary sector.
• Personal commitment to addressing the needs of the most socially excluded young
people and those who are not in education, training or employment.
• Current, clean, driving license with access to own vehicle
• Already have or are able to pass an enhanced DBS check ( a BDS check will be done once the role is confirmed and will be paid for by InPower Academy CIC )
• A recognized qualification in Youth Work or an equivalent
• Proven track record in assisting young people reduce personal barriers to education, training and employment.
• Experience of using evaluation tools/outcome measures to monitor the impact of youth work
Hours – 12 hours per week
rate of pay – £10 per hour
Location – location will be dependent of the young persons/mentee’s location
Times – Flexible but generally to suit the times of the mentee, set times and days will be agreed upon acceptance of job
Perks of the Job
On going job opportunities
opportunity to make a real difference
Interested?! send your c.v and cover letter to email@example.com
For more information or to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If applying please attach a cover letter and a C.V